Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Cricket Investigation- Do the Crickets Prefer Fruit or Vegetables?


Introduction and Background Research: 
Crickets are somewhat related. Crickets have a slightly flattened look to their body, and long antenna, where as a Grasshopper has a similar body, but with large hind legs used for jumping and much shorter antenna. The Grasshopper antenna tend to be shorter that the length of their bodies, but the Crickets are normally longer. Grasshoppers are normally found during day light hours.

The Link were I Found This Information:

Question: Do the crickets prefer fruit or vegetables?

Hypothesis: If my group and I put two crickets in a container with a fruits and vegetables then I expect the crickets to like the fruit more than the vegetable because I saw crickets active when a apple was in the container.

Experimental Setup:

Experimental Setup:

Method of Data Collection:
 Data was collected by the Trial Method. My Group and I decided on 2 minutes for each trial.

 Results:
Data Picture and Illustration

 Explanation

Conclusion:








No comments:

Post a Comment